Artificial Intelligence (AI) is paving the way for a more personalized customer experience. Along with some associated technologies like machine learning, augmented reality, and virtual reality, it has infiltrated various spheres of our life, including the beauty industry. Some examples of the use of AI in the skincare industry are virtual product trials, personalization of product catalog, product development keeping a host of reviews and feedback in mind, AI skin analysis, and many more. You can also let customers experience these privileges by using Orbo's beauty tech.
ORBO’s Beauty AI allows customers to virtually try different cosmetics, hair colors, and hairstyles on your app, site, or even retail kiosk. Not only this, it assists them in finding the right foundation shade, by analyzing their skin. This analysis helps the customers in understanding their skin better and also helps the brands in developing a personalized catalog for the customers depending on their skin type and demands.
Drawbacks of traditional Q&A approach
Earlier, in the beauty industry, customers were asked about their skincare needs and were recommended the products accordingly. But this method lacks in various areas -
- Many times, customers are not sure about their skin type, and tone, and fill out the answers based on guesses, making the whole process irrelevant.
- The customers are often not confident to share their details with strangers.
- Our skincare needs may change in response to climate, diet, water intake, and other factors which means there are no fixed answers to these questions.
- Lack of personalized shopping experience.
- The lack of many analysis tools can also be a constraint for the traditional Q&A approach.
How is AI better than traditional techniques?
To get rid of these drawbacks, many leading companies turned towards AI skin technology. It outperformed the traditional approach in various aspects-
- AI skin analysis helps brands in educating their customers about their skin type and their problems.
- This AI skin analysis enables brands in understanding their users better and recommending the right products. In return, not only does the sales increase but consumers' trust in the brand also deepens.
- Nowadays, people are listening to influencers on social media and buying products without understanding the problems they are facing. AI skin tech allows personalized recommendations based on the concerns of the customer.
- Skincare, unlike other beauty segments, is quite personalized. A consumer's skin profile is dependent on age, gender, geographical location, and a lot of factors. AI skin tech tracks skin's response to all these factors and helps the users in maintaining the health of their skin.
- AI skin analysis studies individual customers' preferences and latest trends and recommends products accordingly, filtering out various irrelevant choices, thus cutting the research time and efforts.
- You don't need to be an expert in the beauty industry to share your skin details. Some brands have already introduced revolutionary AI skin tech to help customers know their skin better.
- Some AI skin technology also recommends skin care regimes after studying the ingredients and effectiveness of available products in the market.
Skincare brands using AI skin technology
Let's take a look at how some of the leading brands in the skincare industry are using AI skin technology to further strengthen their foothold in the market.
Dermafique has launched a smart skin advisor that analyses users' skin health and gives a health score based on seven parameters viz., firmness, smoothness, hydration levels, dullness, uneven skin tone, fine lines, wrinkles, and dark spots. Based on this analysis, it gives recommendations for healthier skin.
Another leading brand in the skincare industry, Fabbeu has also launched a skin analysis tool powered by Orbo to help users know their skin better. To do the AI skin analysis, users are asked some questions and personalized skincare regimes are suggested based on the findings.
Estée Lauder, another leading name in the skincare industry, has launched a skin analysis functionality online to assist its customers with personalized skincare routines.
It's the right time now for skincare companies to adopt AI skin technology and offer an impactful shopping experience to build a deep connection with customers. Accelerated sales and low operational cost would ultimately lead to higher ROI and brands will be able to build sustainable engagement.
Do you want to understand your customers better using skincare AI? Get in touch with us